Why didn’t I get an interview for Medicine?
August 31, 2012
My GPA and GAMSAT combination are better than someone else I know who has got an interview but I haven’t – why not?
Selection is very complex and many factors impact on whether or not you will get an offer of an interview. There are many reasons why an applicant with the same or worse GPA and GAMSAT scores as you may have been offered an interview when you were not.
- They may have done considerably better than you in portfolio or personal statements
- They may have come from a rural background.
- They may be of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent
- They may have received bonus points for postgraduate study
- They may have received bonus points or come through a preferential entry scheme that recognises disadvantage.
Posted by admin